Senior Technical Advisor - Data Impact Program
Organization: Vital Strategies
Apply By: 30 Nov -0001
About the organization:
Vital Strategies is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific; the Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S.
Position: Senior Technical Advisor - Data Impact Program
The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) is a senior technical leadership position reporting to the Program Director based in the Asia-Pacific region. The STA will lead and develop technical content to support best practices in data analysis, synthesis, presentation and dissemination of data for decision-making and provide technical assistance to national ministries of health and other key stakeholders. The STA will also have program management responsibilities, overseeing implementation of the DIP in up to 10 countries located in the region.. The STA will communicate frequently with government and global partners and be responsible for cross-cutting activities– e.g., donor reporting, regional network collaboration, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a senior technical lead; provide direct technical assistance to government partners and oversee the development of global technical assistance strategies and products.
- Design and provide technical assistance to government agency leadership and staff on data-driven planning, management and policy-making t to develop their capacity to conduct policy-relevant data analysis based on existing vital statistics and survey data
- Conduct assessments of how public health data is used by policymakers, program planners, communications officers, and other stakeholders in national ministries of health
- Develop tools, technical materials and curricula; and provide technical assistance that reflect best practices and evidence for building policy-relevant analytic capacity for decision-making impact in ministries of health
- Advise on policies, procedures, and institutional structures to promote exemplary institutional data use
- collaborative development of a technical assistance workplan; consultation to government leadership; trainings for staff; etc.
- Lead country-specific activities and provide guidance and supervision to staff in assigned countries
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with government partners
- Budget for and monitor spending on work plan implementation
- Provide technical guidance to partners and colleagues who deliver trainings
- In collaboration with leads from the African and Latin American regions, ensure planning and implementation are undertaken consistently across the geographies where the Program operates.
- Provide supervision and support to team members working with countries in the region and overseeing the planning, budgeting, implementation and financial management of the Program in the region.
- Collaborate with the DIP leadership team to design and direct the program in existing and new countries
- Participate in leading monitoring and evaluation of the DIP
- Ensure technical relevance and accuracy of DIP reporting for the region
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, epidemiology, public policy) with 15 or more years of experience in public health practice
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in epidemiology and public health policy development
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries and on projects with strong data components
- Prior experience working in or with the local government ministries who focus on public health
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in team management and staff supervision; strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in oral and written English, proficiency in other languages will be an advantage
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 30% of time (once safe to travel)
Applications can be done from the online portal
For more information, please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd