Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization
Apply By: 05 Jul 2022
About the organization:
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to "let there be bread". It was founded on 16 October 1945. The FAO is composed of 195 members. It is headquartered in Rome, Italy, and maintains regional and field offices around the world, operating in over 130 countries.
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The Internship Programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates, with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work experience in a field related to the work of FAO. It will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes.
Education and Experience:
- Education: candidates must be students enrolled in an under-graduate or graduate degree programme in a bona fide educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates. Applicants pursuing their studies in a country where higher education is not divided into under-graduate and graduate stages must have completed at least three years of full-time studies towards the completion of a degree.
- Languages: candidates must have working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian). Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset.
- Age: candidates should be aged between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship (i.e. internship should start before the candidate turns 31).
- Skills: candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
- Residence/Visa status: candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment prior to the start of the internship assignment.
- Family relation: candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father) employed by FAO under any type of contract are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- The duration of an internship assignment is between 3 and 11 months
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd