Internship - Knowledge Management & Programme
Apply By: 30 Nov -0001
About the organization:
UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia (ROSA) through effective support to country offices and strategic engagement with partners ensures Knowledge Management (KM) is well integrated into programme planning and lessons are captured. ROSA Programme and Planning requires an intern to provide assistance to the Knowledge Management Specialist in strengthening the KM area of work across the region and country offices.
ROSA has developed a Knowledge Management Strategy which is currently being implemented. The strategy implementation involves provision of support to the COs in addition to documenting lessons learned and best practices. In addition, the KM strategy implementation requires collaboration with key strategic partners (government institutions, universities, research institutions regional partners, etc.).
Position: Internship - Knowledge Management & Programme
The overall purpose of this internship is to support the strengthening of KM both in RO and COs. More so, provide support in gathering material for lessons learned and best practices in COVID-19 interventions and beyond, and support regular work of KM in ROSA (e.g. Trainings).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working directly under the supervision of the Regional Knowledge Management Specialist, the intern will be responsible for the following general/specific tasks:
- Help with the maintenance, value addition and enhancement of knowledge-sharing platforms (internal communication and collaboration sites).
- Support capacity-building efforts i.e. ROSA is conducting 2 KM trainings and the specific role of the intern is to provide logistical support and follow up with the participants to ensure assignments are completed on time.
- Liaise with sections and Country Office KM focal points to gather knowledge resources and stories; draft summaries for the bi-monthly KM synthesis newsletter. The KM newsletter features South Asia knowledge resources from sections and selected stories from countries.
- Map external knowledge networks and compile a list of potential collaboration partners to further establish contacts and relationships. The intern will conduct research/mapping of strategic and key knowledge partners in South Asia and compile a list according to different categories.
- Support the capture of lessons learned and best practices from countries. The intern will follow up potential case studies with the COs KM focal points, gather material and support the process of case study curation and other lessons learned.
- Support in keeping track of and consolidating / sharing relevant COVID-19 guidance materials.
- Assist in organizing Brown Bags, event planning, coordination and undertake other duties relevant to the role including writing minutes and other tasks as they arise.
- Maintain and update the Programme and Planning SharePoint platforms and document libraries
Required Education, Skills and Experiences include:
- The candidate must be pursuing or have recently graduated with a MSc. University Degree in Communications Sciences, Journalism, Public Relations/administration, International Relations, Development studies, Human rights law, Public Health or related fields.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Possess good report writing skills;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Prior experience in the work environment of an international agency, NGOs, UN, or international institutions would be desirable.
Deadline: 31st December, 2020 Nepal Standard Time
Applications can be done from the online portal
For more information, please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd