Applications Invited for SEARCA Travel Grants Program 2022
Apply By: 07 Sep 2022
Grant Amount: 1200 USD
About the Organization:
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is a non-profit organization established by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) in 1966. SEAMEO is a chartered international organization founded in 1965 is to promote cooperation in education, science, and culture in Southeast Asia. Its highest policymaking body is the SEAMEO Council, which comprises the Ministers of Education of the 11 SEAMEO Member Countries, namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Travel Grants Program
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) Travel Grants Program is now open for each qualified agriculture and agriculture-related professional, social scientist, or graduate student in Southeast Asia.
- To provide opportunities to qualified Southeast Asian nationals to participate and present papers in ATTAIN-relevant scientific conferences and fora, locally or internationally.
- Note: Priority will be given to paper presentations, but poster presentations may be considered depending on the volume of applications.
- To promote the dissemination of scientific knowledge/information vital to agricultural innovation.
- To provide the Grantee a venue to discuss with other scientists, researchers, university faculty, and scholars about recent developments in their respective disciplines.
- To facilitate linkages, partnerships, and active collaboration between SEARCA, or the applicant’s home institution, with other development organizations and donors.
- To produce articles or any publication out of the Grantee’s presented paper, whenever appropriate and feasible.
The focus of the paper should be aligned with SEARCA’s priority thrusts under its 11th Five-Year plan (FY 2020/2021 – 2024/2025), as follows:
- Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income
- Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD)
- Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD
- Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience
- EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD.
Applicants who will present scientific papers in international or local scientific conferences and fora, either via face-to-face or online mode, are qualified for the grant. On a case-to-case basis, paper presentations may not be required if attendance to a conference/forum is expected to result in establishing formal linkages, partnerships, collaborations, and strong development impacts to the Center.
Priority 1: Priority shall be given to the following:
- Faculty and staff of universities under the SEARCA’s Institutional Development Assistance Program.
- SEARCA ongoing scholars; and
- Proponents from the University Consortium (faculty, staff, and graduate students);
- SFRT grantees;
- Researchers of SEARCA-implemented/coordinated projects;
- SEARCA Graduate scholarship alumni;
- SEARCA fellows (senior, adjunct, and visiting fellows);
- Applicants who are citizens of Southeast Asian countries who are regular staff members of non-profit development-oriented institutions or graduate students at other agricultural universities in the Region may be considered if not enough qualified applications under Priority 1 have been received. At present, only citizens from the following countries are qualified to apply: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Grant: SEARCA will provide travel grants of up to a maximum of USD 1,200
For more information please check the Link
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd